Monday, July 14, 2014

Day One

Breakfast:  My goal was to eat 4 deviled egg halves (I used my olive oil mayo) and eat a closed handful of nuts.  Fail.  I had practice, got distracted and only ate 2 eggs and no nuts.

Lunch:  I roasted a head of broccoli and ate a 1/4 lb grilled hamburger patty.  For my fat, I was going to eat an avocado half, but it wasn't ripe.  I ate 1/4 avocado and some dry roasted almonds.

Dinner:  I made this roasted red pepper sauce with a fresh red pepper and put it over my sautéed asparagus.  I never want to lose this recipe!  It is that easy/yummy!!  We made a chicken recipe from Well Fed called "The Best Chicken You Will Ever Eat."  Fail.  The season spices weren't up my alley.  I like Rusty's grilled chicken much better.  Fat = a fist full of almonds.

Snacks:  Some seedless red grapes

Burn:  I did the warm up at practice and conditioned with the girls.  We did a pyramid workout with jacks, pushups, squats and sit ups.  10 to 1 totaling 55 of each exercise.  I was motivated to do another workout when I got home, but fell asleep napping instead...

Reflection:  If it goes like this every day, I'll be great!  All of the meals started off tasting great, but I did have to force myself to clean my plate each time because it seemed like so much food.  Of course, I don't mind experimenting with the cooking since it is summer, but it would be a roadblock if I was teaching.  And get ready to run your dishwasher each day!  Biggest reflection - I am SO GLAD to have a partner doing this with me.  We equally cook and clean and sit down to eat together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment